QuickBooks is an accounting software that offers useful features to its users. However, sometimes, you may encounter certain errors or issues. One that users have been complaining about is Script Error in QuickBooks. If you are also facing the same problem, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we will talk about the possible causes and solutions of Script Error in QuickBooks.
What is Script Error in QuickBooks?
At times, when a user tries to access a company file, they may encounter a script error in QuickBooks. The main reason behind the error is improper settings inside the browser.
What are the common causes of Script Error in QuickBooks?
Script Error in QuickBooks shows up on your screen when a user tries to access a company file. There are several causes of Script Error in QuickBooks; some of them are as follows:
- One of the main reason for the issue is Damaged or corrupted script plugin or software
- Another possible cause for the problem can be malware or infection in your software
- The damaged data file can also lead to this error
- Damaged or missing active X component can also lead to the issue
How to resolve Script Error in QuickBooks?
Solution 1: Clear the default browser’s cache data
- In internet explorer, click on the tools
- Now click on the internet option
- Go to the browser history and then click on delete
- Checkmark all the options to delete before you confirm the selections
- Once you are done, click on OK
Other solutions to troubleshoot Script Error in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Disable Add-ons on Microsoft Internet Explorer
Solution 2: Disable script debugging in your browser
Solution 3: Re-install the plugin software
Solution 4: Repair your QuickBooks data file
In case these solutions don’t work, call us on QuickBooks Phone Number and get effective solutions to curb Script Error in QuickBooks.