QuickBooks is the best accounting of the current time as it helps users in managing their business tasks. Despite being a top-rated accounting software, QuickBooks sometimes throws errors like QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 on your screen. If this particular error is restricting your work, then worry no more. In this blog, we will teach you what QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is and how to fix this problem.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is an issue that occurs when the system file EntitlementDataStore.ECML ( which contains the license of your QuickBooks Desktop ) gets damaged. It appears with an error message that shows:
Error 3371, Status Code 11118: QuickBooks could not license the data. This error may be caused by missing or damaged files.
The above problem can occur due to the following causes:
- Damaged or missing files
- Corrupted MSXML component
- Outdated or damaged antivirus
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software
How to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Try any one of the two methods to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118:
Solution 1: Delete EntitlementDataStore.ECML File
- Close QuickBooks
- Click on window +R key to run the particular program
- Enter the file location “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8(or v6)” in the type of file you want to search and then hit Enter
- From the drop-down list, click on delete to delete the ECML File
Solution 2: Install the latest version of QuickBooks
- Login as administrator
- Click on start and then select programs followed by window updates
- Now download all the updates of QuickBooks