QuickBooks is an accounting software that is developed to serve all the accounting needs of the business. However, while opening the company file, you may face QuickBooks Error -6000. This issue is quite common and many users have also reported running into the same issue. In this blog, we will provide a list of actions that you can try to fix QuickBooks Error -6000.
What is QuickBooks Error -6000?
At times, when you are trying to open your company file, you may face QuickBooks Error -6000, XXXX. This error is usually accompanied by 3 or 4 digits and restricts you from opening the company file. QuickBooks Error -6000 can occur due to any one of the following cause:
- Corrupted or damaged TLG file
- QuickBooks installation file is corrupted
- More than one users have logged into the same company file
- You have incorrectly configured the network connection in your system
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6000?
Here are tried and tested solutions that you can try to solve QuickBooks Error -6000:
Solution 1: Rename .ND and .TLG file
- Open the folder which contains your company file
- Search for the file with extension .ND and .TLG
- Right-click on each file and choose the rename option
- Rename each file by adding .OLD at the end of the file name
- Open QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file
Other solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6000
- Open a sample company file
- Copy the QuickBooks file on the desktop
- Restore a backup
- Use ADR to restore a backup
- Check whether Hosting is turned on all the workstation
- Close all QuickBooks processes
Hopefully, all these solutions to resolve your QuickBooks Error -6000. In case these solutions won’t work, contact us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number and get the most optimal solutions to solve QuickBooks Error -6000. Our service and solutions are deliverable 24/7 around the clock for our clients.