QuickBooks is the best accounting software that eases all the daily struggles of business owners. However, while working on this brilliant application there are fair chances that you may be greeted by some annoying errors or issues. One such error is QuickBooks Error 136. If you are also facing the same problem, then you are not alone. Many QuickBooks users are wondering what QuickBooks Error 136 means and how to fix it. Presumably, your search for the best solutions to solve QuickBooks Error 136 landed you on this page. In this blog, you will get to know the sure-shot solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 136.
What does QuickBooks Error 136 mean?
QuickBooks Error 136 is an annoying error that generally occurs due to the improper installation of QuickBooks. Other notable causes of this particular error are as follows:
- Corrupted company files
- Network problems
How to solve QuickBooks Error 136?
- Double click on QuickBooks and open QuickBooks
- Now press and hold ALT Key
- A dialog box will appear on your screen
- Enter your password and then release ALT Key
- After that, click on OK to proceed
- An application will open
- Now again press and hold ALT Key
- Lastly, release the ALT Key
- Go to the folder that contains your company files
- Find the .QBW extension file in the company file folder
- Select the file and right-click on it
- From the drop-down list, choose the copy option
- Go to the desktop and then choose the paste option to paste the file on the desktop
- Now Open the No company file and search for the file which you have copied on the desktop
All these solutions are tried and marked as 100% working by our customers. In case these solutions don’t work for you, then do connect with us via QuickBooks Support Phone Number to know how to fix QuickBooks Error 136.