QuickBooks is a superior accounting application that helps users to handle all the complex business tasks effectively. However, you may encounter various problems while using this software. One such error is QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream. In case you are facing this error, worry no more because you can use this blog to fix this issue. In this blog, we will teach you how to troubleshoot this issue quickly.
Why does QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream occurs?
The prime cause of the issue is as follows:
- Illegal characters in the XML data
- You may face this error when data is pasted from another program directly into ESC
- An invalid symbol is used in certain fields can give birth to the error
Steps to fix QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream
- Go to start menu
- Now type %APPDATA% and then hit Enter
- Open the ESC folder and try to delete the QBXML.log file from the content of ESC folder
- Now post to QuickBooks again. If you are still facing the same error, then click OK to close the error message
- Now check whether ESC client hangs or not
- If it hangs, use task manager to end the program and then restart it
- Now QBXML.log file will be regenerated in the Application Data\ESC directory when you attempt to post it to QuickBooks
- You have to open the QBXML.log file and view the last entry.
- Open the record in ESC and search for illegal characters. Remove them from the post and save the record.
If you’ve tried the steps above, yet you are still facing the same issue, then call us on QuickBooks Phone Number and get the most optimal solutions for problems.