What does QuickBooks Error 136 mean?
QuickBooks is an acclaimed accounting software that is used by almost every business owner. However, this accounting application is often plagued by some unexpected technical issues or bugs. One such error is QuickBooks Error 136. This error can disturb the normal functioning of your software. In this blog, we are going to discuss various solutions to troubleshoot the error.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 136?
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon and then press and hold the ALT key
- Now enter your password and release the ALT key
- Click on OK
- When the application launches, press and hold the ALT key again
- Lastly, release the ALT key
- Go to the QuickBooks application icon and double click on it
- Now press and hold the ALT key until the application displays No company open option
- After that, open a sample file
- Select any one of the sample files and open the same file
- Go to the folder that contains your company file
- Now look for the file with an extension .QBW
- Right-click on the same file and copy the file
- Now move to the desktop and paste the file on the desktop
- Open the No company file and search for the file which you have copied on the desktop
- Press and hold CTRL key to open QuickBooks
- Now click on Help
- From the QuickBooks update option, select the update option
- Install all the latest updates of QuickBooks
- Once the update process gets completed, exit from the application
All these solutions will help you to resolve your QuickBooks issues in the least possible time. In case you are struggling with the same error, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number and get effective technical solutions for QuickBooks problems. Our team is available 24/7 around the clock for you.