How to resolve Intuit Data Protect not working error?
Intuit Data Protect uses the advanced encryption security system to save your financial data from loss, damage, and corruption. This utility can be found in QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later versions of this software. However, many times, you may encounter an error message Intuit Data Protect not working on your screen.
Why does Intuit Data Protect not working error message occur on your system?
Here are some of the reasons which can instigate Intuit Data Protect not working error messages. Some of them are as follows:
- When you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks software
- When you are unable to find the IDP services
- When you are using the wrong credential for IDP
Methods to fix Intuit Data Protect not working
Method: Make sure that your IBuEngHost.exe file is running as a system user
- Go to the window taskbar
- Now from the drop-down list, select start task manager
- Go to the Details tab and find and locate IBuEngHost.exe file
- Now check whether it has a user name-system and status-running. If not, then please follow the following steps
- First of all, download a new installer for QuickBooks Desktop version
- After that, save it to the location where you can easily find it
- Right-click on the installer from its location and choose Run as administrator from the list
- Now reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Once the installation process gets completed, look for IBuEngHost.exe in task manager again
Others solutions to fix Intuit Data Protect not working error
- Exempt IDP files from firewall restriction
- Add Intuit domain as trusted sites in IE
- Update QuickBooks Desktop and IDP to the latest maintenance release
For any other help, reach us via our toll-free number +1-855-756-1077 and get instant support from our experts.